Evgeni Nabokov gets to do something tonight that he hasn’t done in quite a while…
Play in an NHL game.
Not wanting to play for the Islanders last season, he now has no choice at this time, due to the tolling of his contract to this year. He is Islander property, and he has been the good soldier, dealing with this situation, and making the most out of it.
Hey – he has even got an Islander painted mask, so you would believe that he is making a commitment.
He will get a good portion of the playing time in Calgary tonight. Mikko Koskinen is also on the trip, and probably will get the 3rd period. Hopefully, his effort will result better than Anders Nilsson had in Boston the other night.
Thoughts on the first two games:
- What a difference with Mark Streit in the lineup. It just seems to make the team a lot more relaxed on the ice.
- Power play is working well, and maybe have a new entry to that unit in Frans Nielsen. According to Arthur Staple in Newsday this morning – that can be a great possibility.
- Wondering what the status of Brian Rolston is? Have not heard a thing about him….. Will try to find out and report later.
- Kevin Poulin is going to do GREAT in Bridgeport this season.
- The solid play of Jay Pandolfo is going to make decisions real tough.
- Replace Steve Staios in statement 5, and you got number 6.
- The confidence in the young forwards is just oozing.
The only thing that we can do now – is pray to the healing gods, and keep the boys healthy.
Please visit our NHL main page and the blogs of all of our NHL teams,
Too Many Men on the Site
Please check out Fansided’s weekly NHL podcast,
Rink Side Rants