As the CBA parties play cat and mouse and we await news on the recent RFQ for the Hub, and oh . . . what else? Oh yea, as we also stand pat for an NHL arbitrator to tell ‘The Viz’ to show up to work here on the island next month, I figured I’d get something up on our website that is kinda . . . light and fun. Warm and fuzzy you know? Like rainbows and bubblegum, puppies and lollipops. Happy Gilmore riding a tricycle with pitchers of beer, little people, and Chubbs on piano. You get it. So without further adieu. . .
8 ways you, or someone you love, may be a diehard Isles fan.
8) You fondly remember Richard Park as a ‘pretty darn good penalty killer’.
7) You saw a ‘vintage’ Isles hoodie in your size on eBay for $10 with 81 and ‘Satan’ on the back and say in utter amazement, “Holy s&@t, I can’t believe no one snagged this already.”
6) You rock the fisherman jersey at home games.
5) You’ve named a pet (or child) after any one of the Isles legends (Bossy, Ny, Clark) or current stars (JT, Hammer, Matty).
4) You’ve received a postcard from someone (probably another Isles fan/nutjob) with the Isles fisherman logo on it.
3) You know that one of the quickest (and possibly shortest) bathroom lines at the Coliseum are the ‘trailers’ outside in the smoking section. Whoops, cat is outta the bag.
2) You can pretty much finish Howie Rose’s sentences. . . but certainly not Butchie’s.
1) You are willing to undergo a somewhat major surgical procedure in exchange for tickets on the glass at the Coliseum.
Enjoy Labor Day weekend everyone. And know, just KNOW, that somewhere, John Tavares is destroying a gym.
Check our friends at Too Many Men on The Site for your NHL news and needs.
Tags: New York Islanders