New to EOI, ‘Dump & Chase’: our condensed, quick-fix follow up for every matchup. Gives you, the reader, bulleted results/impressions/reactions of the game, while framing the post-game commentary and recap to follow.
We here at EOI are doing all we can to bring you as much news concerning the Isles and the NHL in as immediate, responsible, and clear and concise a manner possible.
7:00 PM ET, April 23, 2013; PNC Arena, Raleigh, North Carolina
- First period bore witness to a sloppy, disoriented performance by the Islanders backcheck. Cost them dearly early
- Evgeni Nabokov stops a quick 2-on-1 conversion deep in his zone orchestrated by the Staal brothers; poor backchecking gave the Carolina Hurricanes too many open ice opportunities from which to capitalize
- Andrew MacDonald misses a big check and due to miscue, allows for Carolina to set up for 3rd goal in the second period
- Nabokov misplays a puck behind the net and almost costs him, as the puck misses a gaping net and clanks off right post.
- Absent from this game is Matt Martin‘s aggressive play and Casey Cizikas playmaking.
- Isles lose the shootout.
- Brad Boyes and his linemates answer the first ‘Canes goal, but not before being reviewed; determined that Boyes accidentally kicked in puck
- Josh Bailey knots it up in the second, extending his point streak. Goal resulting from Kyle Okposo‘s continued diligence on the forecheck.
- Frans Nielsen‘s line produced all the energy and scoring opportunities this evening. NHL must consider Nielsen for the Selke.
- John Tavares scores late and gives the Isles the one point
*Now we play the waiting game.
See you all in the postgame!