New to EOI, ‘Dump & Chase': our condensed, quick-fix follow up for every matchup. Gives you, the reader, bulleted results/impressions/reactions of the game, while framing the post-game commentary and recap to follow.
We here at EOI are doing all we can to bring you as much news concerning the Isles and the NHL in as immediate, responsible, and clear and concise a manner possible.
7:00 PM ET, April 25, 2013; Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Flyers take the 1-0 on the PP due in large part to Islander lackadaisical backcheck; 7 SOG for the Flyers by the time goal is scored; goal a result of a failed clearing attempt by Matt Carkner; Isles with no intensity in their game in the first period
- Second period: more Isles than Flyers but tempo is still too tame for a team vying for a high seed in the playoff bracket; 13 SOG through two
- After two strong saves in quick succession late in the third, Kevin Poulin beaten ‘top shelf’ stick side; in his defense, Isles completely flat on back check
- Isles handed first regulation loss in April
- Kevin Poulin faces 13 SOG, one even clanking off the post, but aside from PP goal, is solid in net
- Josh Bailey still showing poise and hustle on the forecheck–the only Isle, aside from Kyle Okposo–with some pep to his game early on
- Carkner makes up for defensive flub early in the second, coming up on the rush and helping John Tavares score the tying goal
- Isles pick up tempo at the midway point of the game, but looking to play for the tie at this point
See you all in the postgame!