As each day passes with no news to report on in the National Hockey League, it gets tougher and tougher to find a valid opening for Top Shelf regarding Islanders news.
If this cycle gets any worse, we might either ; A – solicit readers to come up with the intro or B – start talking about movies or video games or even worse (gasp!)…..baseball.
There was some trickle of free agency news yesterday however, as word spread late in the day that the New Jersey Devils were close to agreeing to contract terms with Damien Brunner (surprise, surprise…new found money we have obtained) and the Carolina Hurricanes were talking contract with Jaromir Jagr.
Of course, none of those stories involved the Isles, who just might have their biggest news story of the remaining summer this week when the schedule is announced.
Training camp cannot come soon enough for this writer as I am clearly struggling without Islanders hockey to occupy my nights. Youtube videos of the Coliseum rocking during our return to the playoffs are nice and all, but at the end of the day, just cannot replace the unexpected results you get from a live game.
In Case You Missed It
- Sunday afternoon discussion takes a look at Ryan Strome (Isles Optimism)
- The decision to trade Tyler Seguin not just based on talent (Dallas Morning News)
- Malcom Subban and his potential hump to the NHL (Dirty Water)
- Rask and Bergeron worth the investment? (CSNNE.com)
Two Minutes For Tweeting
After the success the #Isles found this season, I can’t wait to see the old barn the first time the Rangers visit
— Ken (@Islesdiehard) July 14, 2013
- Agreed Ken. Rangers fans hated Cal Clutterbuck the minute he inked his contract extension with the club. There is hardly any quesiton the Isles will play with more ‘jam’ next season and the Rangers are going to feel each and every encounter.
I’d forgotten to post a quote from Taylor Cammarata: “I’ve proved people wrong my whole life, so I just gotta keep doing that.” #Isles
— Daniel Friedman (@DFriedmanWFAN) July 14, 2013
- As a fellow shorty, I get exactly where Taylor is coming from. Of course, I am like the moon away from ever becoming as close as he is, but the analogy still stands.
If you guys want a sick photo edit tweet me an #Isles picture and ill do it for you (must be following)
— Isles Family (@IslesFamily) July 14, 2013
- Everyone should have a fantastically edited new Isles phone or computer wallpaper by September. Or tomorrow.
— Joe Boko (@ChefJoeBoko) July 14, 2013
- BOOM! Could not have said it better Joe. There are no comments I can add here that would make this tweet any better.