With training camp slowing creeping up on us and rookies set to report in Early September (dates have not officially been announced by the club as of today) the staff at Eyes on Isles is excited to get going with actual live hockey related posts and discussion that don’t center around who might be playing here or there and who might make the roster or not.
It has been a long summer for hockey fans of every club around the National Hockey League but I would argue none more so than for us Islander fans. With the team coming off an exciting regular season and first round playoff series there has never been a better time to be an Islanders fan in recent memory as the team climbs up the NHL ladder.
The expectation that John Tavares will be named the next team captain with the departure of Mark Streit is a very reasonable one but fans hoping for that announcement sooner rather than later will be disappointed. There really is no need to make it at this time, saving the excitement and buzz that will surely follow around Islanders nation for when it counts.
We have a tremendous season preview coming up for you in September with the entire staff here participating that you will certainly not want to miss as well as exclusive reports from training camp as the team welcomes and incorporates new additions Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Cal Clutterbuck and Peter Regin. Not to mention the competition that will be raging in Syosset from rookies dying to make an impact on the Island.
This afternoon, look for Chris Triantafilis’ follow up post to his excellent X-factor series that will feature Kevin Poulin. As always, thanks for the tremendous support from you, the reader, and we look forward to bringing you the best coverage from inside the Islanders organization this upcoming season.
In Case You Missed It
- Ashley March continues her Flashback Friday segment in electrifying fashion. (EOI)
- Pioneers of change. The good vibes continue to flow from Isles Optimism (Isles Optimism)
- Matt Martin : TV Star? (NHL)
- Top 5 greatest d-men in Islanders history (Rant Sports)
- Roberto Luongo breaks his silence (USA Today)
- Guess Giroux is just assuming he makes the Canadian Olympic team? (Philly.com)
- Is a review of high-sticking too far or necessary? (Blackhawk Up)
Two Minutes For Tweeting
— New York Islanders (@NYIslesFans) August 24, 2013
- I love me some NFL football (Miami Dolphins fan here!) but there is nothing like hockey. NOTHING….well maybe except for having to eat and pay taxes.
Realignment means just 1 thing. There will be teams added in each division. Nothing changes except going out & winning hockey games #Isles
— Michael Mannucci (@MikeMannucci91) August 23, 2013
- Outstanding tweet from Mike and says it so eloquently. Just win baby, just win!
— Roberto Scalia (@RShockeyblog) August 23, 2013
- Congratulations Roberto! Welcome to the road and just so you know, the feeling is only fleeting. You will be sick of driving before you know it. But it’s great to know we can expect you at the Coliseum more often this season!
Honestly I should just hand my boss the islanders schedule and be like I need these days off. #Isles
— Chris Carleo (@ccarleo91) August 23, 2013
- Isn’t that what everyone should really be focusing on when it comes to their respective employers? That is why we waiting so impatiently for it to be released in the first place.
Not that I’m rushing the end of the summer away but is it hockey season yet?? I want #Isles hockey!!
— Ryan (@yuhas9797) August 23, 2013
- I love summer just as much as the next guy but there is always a Caribbean vacation in the winter for that also.Nothing beats a cool fall breeze, filling the house with fresh air and watching some puck.