Fansided is always working hard to improve the experience for the readers of their legion of websites that cover everything from the world of hockey,baseball, football, basketball, soccer and even movies and video games.
They understand that not moving forward in a digital world where new technologies are being developed every day is a dangerous proposition, one that has ramifications of getting trumped and passed by sites that do adhere to change.
With that being said, a new look is coming to Eyes On Isles as part of the aforementioned philosophy. After reviewing the particulars and looking at the demo site, management at the company and Eyes are sure you are going to be pleased with the new look.
It cuts down dramatically on the current clutter that is the left and right sidebars and does an outstanding job of keeping ads to a minimum. In addition, the new featured and popular sections are now more closely related to each other and are merged with the rest of the site beautifully.
The other differences coming are highlighted below for your perusal….
- There’s one main “featured” posts with three spots for “popular” posts that float as overlays on the featured image.
- An endless scroll is enabled, with expands with more posts as you scroll down. Furthermore, on individual pages like blog posts, pages, etc., the homepage will regenerate itself below the comment section, in endless fashion.
- As you scroll, featured posts reappear between the running feed of posts.
- We now have larger logos.
- Around the Network is now smarter. It features all of the posts from around the network that pertain to what’s on your site, right now. Each homepage will have an Around the Network with other posts about your team, while each article will feed off of the tags from that post, to give circular coverage for specific players, events and trending topics.
- An overall wider layout, with wide body text and the lessening of previously empty space.
If you would like to check out what Eyes will look like in the future, please head on over to this page, as it has been selected as the beta site for testing. Just replace everything Chiefs related with Islanders in your mind.
We are truly excited about this new look and hope you will enjoy it as well. Time frame is realistically 1 to 2 months until full implementation.
Thanks for reading Eyes On Isles. Stay tuned as we continue our pre-season preparations in what promises to be as exciting a year off the ice as on.