It’s not quite the Barclays Center but it will do just fine.
The New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils will get acquainted with each other tonight as they play the first of two pre-season games.
The first tilt will take place on the ice of Prudential Center in Newark at 7pm with both teams official websites offering streaming video feeds. No, this game is not on television. Yes, James Dolan owns MSG and yes, Dolan lost the bid to renovate the Nassau Coliseum. Take that for what you will…..
The rematch will of course happen on Saturday evening with the first ever hockey game at the beautiful Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.
And you can see from the lineup below that head coach Jack Capuano is preserving his big guns for that game to put on the best possible show for the fans that are sure to turn out in large numbers.
Isles Lineup (Per Art Staple of Newsday)
Bailey – Neilsen – Okposo
Lee – Nelson – Strome
Gallant – Regin – Boulton
Quine – Miller – Diamond
Pedan – Mayfield
Reinhart – Pulock
News And Notes
- Staple reported via his Twitter that he saw Cal Clutterbuck walking around the Coliseum this morning with a limp but in good spirits. A long, very noticeable gash was stitched up on his right thigh.
- The Islanders are back at Nassau Coliseum for practice tomorrow with group A at 9:30am and group B at 12:15pm. No roster cuts have been announced.
- Jaromir Jagr is skating on his own but has still not joined his teammates in training camp.
- Patrick Elias is reporting he is ready to play but will sit out tonight.
- Martin Brodeur gets the start in goal and is scheduled to play 40 minutes.
- Damien Brunner makes his debut for New Jersey.