New York Islanders-New York Rangers: 5 Reasons The Game Is More Important To The Isles
Mar 9, 2015; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; New York Islanders center John Tavares (91) warms up before playing against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre. Mandatory Credit: Tom Szczerbowski-USA TODAY Sports
1. Rangers 4 Games In Hand
How it’s possible the Rangers will still have an incredible four games in hand on the Islanders after tonight’s play is just plain silly.
To be this late in the season and not see that division rivals have played around the same amount is something that is a major factor, especially in the world of hockey as it relates to the point system.
While the Isles will have a one, two or three point lead heading into the Rangers game, they need to have the mindset that they’re currently trailing the Blueshirts in the standings – for the Rangers still have a possible eight points in their back pockets because of these extra games.
More from Eyes On Isles
- Islanders key to success: Load management with goalies
- Islanders Zdeno Chara trending in the right direction
- Islanders: Semyon Varlamov Deserves Benefit of the Doubt
- Islanders Ilya Sorokin becoming number one goalie
- Islanders Zach Parise Was Quiet in Return to Minnesota