New York Islanders: Five Things To Watch Down the Stretch
Mar 21, 2015; Newark, NJ, USA; New York Islanders goalie Jaroslav Halak (41) makes a save on New Jersey Devils center Scott Gomez (21) during the third period at Prudential Center. The Islanders defeated the Devils 3-0. Mandatory Credit: Ed Mulholland-USA TODAY Sports
5. Can Jaroslav Halak Continue His Solid Play?
As the games have grown more and more meaningful this season, Isles goaltender Jaroslav Halak has really picked up his play.
More from NY Islanders News
- Islanders Third Period Meltdown in Minnesota Ends Point Streak
- Islanders vs. Wild: Zach Parise returns to Minnesota (lineup, odds, +)
- Islanders vs. Jets Three takeaways: Ilya Sorok(ing) is my name
- Islanders vs Jets: Isles significant underdog in Winnipeg (lines, odds, +)
- Islanders: Brock Nelson Nets 4 in Dominant Win Over Montreal
Despite the team not scoring (or winning) over the past few weeks, Halak has been one of the Islanders best players night in and night out. Over the month of March, Halak posted his best goals against average and save percentage since the month of November. Halak surrendered just 18 goals in eight games played over the month.
Let’s hope that Halak can carry this play over into April, May and June.
Next: Number 4