Mar 10, 2015; Uniondale, NY, USA; New York Islanders right wing Kyle Okposo (21) skates with the puck against the New York Rangers during the first period at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. This game marks Okposo
3. Can Kyle Okposo Find His Game?
Since Kyle Okposo returned on March 10th after missing 22 games due to a detached retina, he has struggled at both ends of the ice.
More from Eyes On Isles
- Islanders key to success: Load management with goalies
- Islanders Zdeno Chara trending in the right direction
- Islanders: Semyon Varlamov Deserves Benefit of the Doubt
- Islanders Ilya Sorokin becoming number one goalie
- Islanders Zach Parise Was Quiet in Return to Minnesota
Since returning, Okposo has posted three points and is a -9 in nine games and was moved off of John Tavares’ wing for the team’s last game. Okposo played with Josh Bailey and Frans Nielsen, forming the line that was a key factor in them making the playoffs two seasons ago.
Okposo has been better as of late, as he has posted three points in his last five games. Okposo has just five more games to catch himself up to the speed of the game so that he can be a factor for the Isles come playoffs, because you know that he will be licking his chops at a potential first round matchup with Marc Andre Fleury and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Next: Number 4