New York Islanders Daily: Anthony Beauvillier Has Shined
A look around the web at the most recent New York Islanders news. Make Eyes On Isles your go to website for all things Islanders.
When training camp open many believed Mathew Barzal was the only prospect who had a true chance to make the team. So far Anthony Beauvillier has been arguably the best prospect in the preseason.
He’s been compared to Casey Cizikas and he has shown his versatility by playing all three forward positions. Not a bad camp at all for the youngster.
The Islanders have a plethora of young forwards who have shown promise but a limited number of slots available. For both Beauvillier and Barzal it is NHL or back to juniors. The Isles have a tough decision on their hands.
More from NY Islanders News
- Islanders Third Period Meltdown in Minnesota Ends Point Streak
- Islanders vs. Wild: Zach Parise returns to Minnesota (lineup, odds, +)
- Islanders vs. Jets Three takeaways: Ilya Sorok(ing) is my name
- Islanders vs Jets: Isles significant underdog in Winnipeg (lines, odds, +)
- Islanders: Brock Nelson Nets 4 in Dominant Win Over Montreal
I still have my eggs in the Barzal basket, for the prospect to make the team but Beauvillier has been impressive nonetheless. The funny thing is the Islanders have players in place to be competitive now and for the feature, something that’s rare in sports.
Have an article you want featured in our daily links? Tweet it to us @EyesOnIslesFS with the #MyIsles hashtag.
We discussed as a group who we thought the top 6 would be (Eyes On Isles)
In case you were watching playoff baseball like myself, the Islanders beat the Devils 3-2 last night. (Newsday)