Another day come and gone with nary a sniff of hockey news to report on. The good news is that myself and the wonderful staff here at EyesOnIsles have been collecting our list of projects for August and the lineup looks pretty impressive.
So, in the wake of general managers continuing to hit the snooze button and sleep through summer, we will not.
Zach Bogosian signed a seven year extension to remain with the Winnipeg Jets yesterday with the deal being valued at 36mm. Now how good does that Travis Hamonic deal look? Are we satisfied with Snow now? I believe Bogosian will be a very good defenseman in this league but not quite of Hamonic’s skill set or leadership.
Don’t forget about the Eyes reader mailbag. Get your questions into email@example.com to be answered and featured right here on the site. As we have proven with our Twitter section in every morning’s Top Shelf, we love to engage our readers but need your help in doing so.
Exclusive interview with Newsday’s Arthur Staple coming up later in the week and I am putting the finishing touches on my second exclusive Q&A which will feature a beloved ex-Isles enforcer doing great work outside the game within the community of Long Island.
In Case You Missed It
- Chris T thinks the Isles should invite Tim Thomas to camp (Isles Optimism)
- LHH continues their parody interview session (LHH)
- Gary Harding hitting the airwaves! Definitely check this out (Isles Talk)
- What does this season hold for Michael Grabner? (Rant Sports)
- My son presents his top 5 goals from the 2013 Rangers season (BlueLineStation)
- The 10 biggest oddballs of the last decade in the NHL (Bleacher Report)
- 5 moments you should never mention to a Capitals fan (Bleacher Report)
Two Minutes For Tweeting
- Now that’s funny….the Stache line could have reaked some havoc on opponents simply by rubbing their faces against them in the corners (ala the scene in Grown-Ups when playing basketball)
- Those were the days of our youths Brian when we played street hockey in the dead of summer on a 90 degree day in shorts. If we can do it, they certainly can. Jeez…..
- I like Bogosian, I really do but come on now, Mike has a very valid point. This is not that big a deal comparative to Hammer’s contract. Or should I say its NO DEAL.
- Friedman chipping in with his expert opinion on how people continue to overlook the job that Snow and dare I say it, Sather, have done this summer.
- I like Franson a lot Reagan and think he would fit in very nicely on the Isles blueline. 25 years young, 6’5 with offensive potential? Sign me up please. I would move DeHaan and a 2nd rounder for him immediately.