Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
As the New York Islanders draw closer to returning to the ice and beginning their preparation for the 2013-14 season, the hard working staff at Eyes On Isles is doing the same off the ice.
After securing a pair of solid writers to round out our already excellent roster, you can already see the site getting into season form with not only an uptick of posts but the same quality you have come to expect from us.
And this is only the beginning. This season is going to mark a number of firsts for our little home away from home and the reporting and writing will continue to ascend to new heights. We are truly excited about the possibilities and direction the site is going and hope you do as well.
Let’s jump right into what is going on around the league and I will do my best to make a short comment from my peanut gallery on a dark, cool Monday morning…..
- The Montreal Gazette is telling fans there is more to Douglas Murray that just his size (I’m waiting………still waiting………)
- Still no progress out of Toronto in the Nazim Kadri drama as the forward wants a long term deal and the team would rather sign him to a bridge deal (This silliness is expected in Toronto and will resolve itself prior to camp)
- Winnipeg prospect Mark Scheifele was very impressive this week at the Gary Roberts run BioSteel camp. He met up with superstars Steven Stamkos and James Neal. (Good for the young Jets forward and Eyes thinks he could have a significant impact this season)
- Bruins prospect Malcom Subban quoted has been working to shore up a few weaknesses this summer (Isn’t it assumed that is what you are supposed to do? Ala John Tavares EVERY off-season?)
Today, Chris Triantafilis presents the latest in his excellent X-factor series as we continue to finalize plans for our season preview. Also, Pete McEntee is already working on his second piece to post on our pages, covering the question of John Tavares impending captaincy. Keep it tuned in right here and all through training camp for the best Islanders coverage. As always, thanks for reading!
In Case You Missed It
- Peter McEntee, in his debut piece, discusses the future of Andrew MacDonald (EOI)
- Isles top 10 prospects according to hockey prospectus (Bleacher Report)
- The Blues want more out of power forward Chris Stewart (St Louis Post Dispatch)
- Matt Josephs on the still unresolved status of Derek Stepan (BlueLineStation)
- Canada’s Olympic hopefuls meet in Calgary (USA Today)
- Real interesting piece on a blogger getting hacked by the Ottawa Senators (Puck Daddy)
- Stanley Cup summer with Jonathan Toews (Blackhawk Up)
Two Minutes For Tweeting
- I was in Bed, Bath & Beyond yesterday with the wife (we had some time after all) and was looking for the secret back room trying to locate Christopher Walken and a universal remote. ?
- Very appropriate Christian indeed…..Martin has been all over the place this off-season representing the club – partially I am sure due to him staying close at home to spend time with girlfriend Sydney Esiason.
- Timberlake is an absolute boss and proved it last night with his performance at the video music awards. But in four weeks, you are correct Matt, JT will take over Barclays Center and make it his own!
- Spending money on things with that kind of value is never a bad thing Pat! Make sure you check out section 329 at Isles games this year to see how fandom is done right.
- Awesomeness…….right there. Nothing really left to say.