On this week’s podcast, Matt and I talk about why Trotz should have expected this type of output from his bottom-six that features five replacement-level players.
The overwhelming theme of the podcast is “what are we doing here?” Because there is no justification (in our eyes) to ice a lineup that has Leo Komarov, Ross Johnston, and Matt Martin and then to expect these same players to give the team more than a couple of hits.
We go over some options we’d like to see the Islanders ice and what we expect the Islanders to actually do.
You can listen to the podcast here and everywhere you can find podcasts.
Other topics in this weekly New York Islanders podcast
- There are a number of fans who are worried about the play of Ilya Sorokin in his two starts this year. We say you shouldn’t worry about it. Sure, his first game wasn’t great with four goals against, but his second game was much better. Form is temporary, class is permanent.
- In our reoccurring Down On the Farm segment I speak about three Islanders prospects:
- Josh Ho-Sang: He’s making his debut for Orebro in the SHL on Thursday (he’s looked great so far).
- Ruslan Iskhakov: The 2018 2nd round pick is starting to consistently pick up points at the Liiga level.
- Henrik Tikkanen: Where is the 6’8″ goalie? He was recently loaned out to KalPa of the SM-Liiga, but the 2020 seventh-rounder hasn’t played or featured on the bench for some time.
Want your voice heard? Join the Eyes On Isles team!
You can get the podcast on Omny, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and anywhere podcasts are available. And don’t forget, if you’re looking for exclusive Islanders content to check out our Patreon where for $5 a month you’ll get a ton of post-game podcasts, weekly video recaps, polls, and a growing community of 100+ Isles fans to chat with.